Monday, October 25, 2010

FACELIFT, a new novel by Leanna Ellis

FACELIFT
B&H Publishing
BOOK BLURB:

A ‘can do’ kind of woman runs her own business, raises her teenage daughter, and takes care of her ex-mother-in-law after a botched facelift. But Kaye learns a facelift is more than skin deep. Joy is more than tacking on a happy face. It's relying on her sovereign God who has a plan for her life.


Read an excerpt from Facelift here:
http://leannaellis.com/facelift.html


BITS ABOUT LEANNA ELLIS:

Leanna Ellis
“I grew up watching Gene Kelly movies. My backyard became a stage for my own musicals. Hence, the start of my own ‘That’s Entertainment!’ I not only loved to dance, but I began to write as well during these elementary years. My fourth grade teacher made me write a poem. I wrote about my dog, Sport. The poem was horrible. It was even worse having to read it to the class. So began my hatred of poetry. (I have since learned to love it, just not write it.) In sixth grade, my teacher introduced me to Edgar Allan Poe. I wrote a story, a dark Poe-esque type tale about murder and mayhem, and fell in love with writing. It, like choreography, tapped into my soul and unleashed my creativity like nothing else.”


Leanna Ellis & husband
“For about three years, I wrote with a collaborator, but because I had so many ideas I began to write more stories on my own. I suffered numerous rejections. Deservedly so. But I was growing as a writer and learning. I went to as many conferences as I could manage. During that time, I met my future husband, fell in love and became engaged. I also began to final in contests and then actually began to win! The contests helped me get noticed by editors and agents. In March, the year Braveheart won the Best Picture Oscar, Victor/Victoria opened on Broadway and O.J.’s attorney said, “If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit,” I sold my first book. It was my Cinderella year. I sold my book, got married and won RWA’s Golden Heart Award in Hawaii.”
Elvis Takes A Back Seat

Winner of the National Readers Choice Award, Leanna Ellis writes women’s fiction and is known for her quirky characters and wacky plots as in her current novel, FACELIFT. She's also the author of the popular Elvis Takes A Backseat. But don’t let the quirkiness fool you, Ellis probes the heart and plucks at the heartstrings.

Find out more about Leanna Ellis at her website and blog:

http://www.leannaellis.com/


Leanna’s next book
In August 2011, FORSAKEN, Book 1 of Plain Fear Series, the first of an Amish/vampire series, will debut. Now that is wacky!

Amazon Purchase Links:

Facelift: A Novel

Check out the cool YouTube book trailer below. . . .


No comments: