Wednesday, September 22, 2010

COUNTRY LIFE CAPTIONS

1)  WORK HORSES OF A BYGONE ERA
Work Horses, Steve Lyles
  photo sent by Steve Lyles, Oregon

   Says Steve:

Some might say these old vehicles are useless and should be recycled. But they, like older people, are fruitful - if only for their uniqueness, color, and charm. 

Here's some other possible titles: Colorful History, Retirement, Field of Dreams.

Picture taken in eastern Oregon (I don't know where).

I don't have a site, but my wife has a Grandma Gone Granola blog: http://www.grandmagonegranola.wordpress.com/    
Here you’ll find Simple, Inexpensive Tips for Healthy Living from Becky Lyles. Her most recent articles focused on the topics of “high fructose corn syrup” and “fat phobia.”

Note from Becky Lyles:
"FYI, I was at the OCW (Oregon Christian Writers) conference last year and enjoyed getting to know you and your husband through Stephen's keynote addresses." 


#####


2) DAY IS DONE
This sunset through the barn photo sent by . . .
author & speaker, Charlene Ann Baumbich. 
Sunset thru barn, Charlene Baumbich

   EXPLANATION:
I ‘hide’ to write in a little rental farm house in Minnesota. The landlord boards horses on the property. At the end of a long writing day, I went to the barn to listen to the horses breathe, and discovered this breathtaking scene.  Grateful, tingling senses ….




MORE FROM CHARLENE:
Your blog sure struck my heart. I ADORE old barns, and have, on occasion, nearly driven myself into a ditch gawking at them. So, I thought I'd chime in with a submission--as if I have nothing else to do.  HA!  You know how that is:  writer under deadline, so please interrupt with something else they I don't really need to do.

My dad used to race harness horses as a hobby, so I grew up with a barn filled with peace, wonder, and the mighty presence of horses. My writing hideaway in MN brings back so many memories for me.

Thanks for the opportunity and the memories.
Charlene’s website: www.charleneannbaumbich.com 

”BOOKS MAKE GREAT GIFTS!” says the shamelessly PR-ing author. “SHOP INDIE!”

Charlene’s new book: COMING SEPTEMBER 21, 2010: DIVINE APPOINTMENTS
 
Other books by Charlene Baumbich:
Stray Affections  (a tender, funny, poignant story of hope and second chances)
Know someone who needs a laugh and a new attitude? Get them Don't Miss Your Life!: An Uncommon Guide to Living with Freedom, Laughter and Grace
Subscribe to Charlene’s newsletter at www.TwinkleGram.com
Follow her on Twitter as TwinkleChar

Travel? Need humor? Try www.travelinglaughs.blogspot.com

Stay tuned: Charlene’s gearing up to launch a new WordsToHelpYouTwinkle blog.

Verse from Charlene’s website:
“Shine as stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life” (Philippians 2:15,16 NIV).

 *****

IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE FEATURED ON OUR "COUNTRY LIFE CAPTIONS" ... follow the guidelines to the right, on the sidebar of our blog.

No comments: