Tuesday, July 13, 2010

COUNTRY LIFE CAPTIONS


Here’s our first entries in the new ‘Country Life Captions’ feature. Thanks to LeeAnn Bonds and Tim Dorgan for sending these great photos! To find out how you can also  participate, read details at the top right of our blog sidebar. Maybe your submission will be next!


1)  CHICKENS, POSING. . .by LeeAnn Bonds

My description: I love the art inherent in everyday country life. Whether it's a brief but glorious sunset, a fawn nibbling my weeds for a few moments, clothes on the line flapping in the breeze, or chickens hanging out on an old bench, there’s beauty spilling out everywhere I look.

I'm LeeAnn Bonds, living in Priest River, Idaho, way up north in the panhandle. I'm a writer, a pastor's wife, and mom of two grown and flown sons.

My site/blog: www.leeannbonds.com



2)  OLD & TIRED. . .by Tim Dorgan

Here is a picture I took in Starbuck, Idaho, in 2006. This silo has served its master well for a long time. It seems to be saying, "I'm ready for the next world, Master, at your pleasure." 

Tim Dorgan, Winchester, Idaho 




Which of these pictures brings back memories . . . or especially signifies country living to you? 


XC9AUYCCVRUS

1 comment:

Stephen & Janet Bly said...

LeeAnn & Tim: We're delighted with your pictures! So glad to have you be the very first on our COUNTRY LIFE CAPTIONS feature!